Epic Journey: Gems from Surah Yusuf
Truly An Epic Journey, topics covered ranged from Importance & Duties to parents and other blessings from Allah to How to deal with Jealousy and controlling ones nafs. Some great Pearls of Wisdom from various students for your benefit InshaAllah!
- Allah will never let the efforts of a doer of good go unrewarded, Do not ever feel like your good deeds have gone unnoticed. Allah is All Knowing, All Seeing
- If shaytaan cannot attack you fully he will attack you partially.
- It is not sufficient to be inspired….INSPIRE YOURSELF INTO ACTION.
- Light illuminates but focused light cuts through steel.
- You can only be truly knowledgeable if you learn from those who are below you, above you and those equal to you in knowledge.
- One should be constant in praising and thanking Allah for the grace of Islam.
- Don’t only listen to the Ahadith of Rasulullah (saw), rather live by it.
- Thank Allah for making you muslim and then thank him for making you a practicing muslim.
- If you sleep in a bed, eat one meal a day, put clothes in your closet, then you are richer than 75% of the worlds population.
- As you can taste a pot full of food with a spoon, so too can you tell a persons heart through his tongue. (Ibn Al Qayyim)
- You are HERE to earn your aakhirah and not BURN your aakhirah.
- Medicine never tastes nice, our parents want the best for us so take their advice even if it’s a bitter pill to swallow.
- If you cannot wake up for Tahajjud to ask Allah for something you really want, then you do not really want it.
- Having an excuse for committing a sin does not make that sin permissible, except in specific circumstance that have been prescribed by Shariah.
- When Allah forgives you, the angel that wrote that mistake is made to forget, the ink with which it was written totally disappears and on the day of resurrection there is no trace of such a sin. SubhanAllah.
- Heat of the sin is greater than the heat of being unpopular.
- Do not be judgemental of others because:
There may be something better in them which one cannot see.
They may die in a state of Imaan That might be better than our own.
- Patience is like knocking on a door for many years and the door opens very slowly but surely and as soon as one bad thing is uttered the door slams shut and your hard work is gone down the drain
- Conceal the faults of others!!!
- Losing a child is, in reality, the most painful experience.
- Always remain people of Truth.
- Marry the mother of your children not the woman of your dreams
- Be faith driven and not worldly inclined.
- Whatever is meant for you will definitely come but the manner in which it will come or how is definitely with Allah (SWT).
- Saying ‘I don’t know’ is half of all knowledge.
- We should not only focus on physicality but rather understand the meaning and importance of spirituality
- Prevention of harm takes precedence over attainment of benefit.