Course: 99 Names of Allah
Durban: 22-23 February 2014
JHB: 1-2 March 2014
Register on www.alkauthar.org
The objective of this course is to take to the students through the names of Allah that He has used to describe Himself. Thesebeautiful names will be looked at, the meanings explained and the spiritual benefits sought. The course will look into the linguistic meanings of the names and how they have been used in the Quran.
“He is Allah, the Creator, the Originator, The Fashioner, to Him belong the most beautiful names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, do declare His praises and glory. And He is the Exalted in Might, The Wise. (Qur’an 59:24)
In addition to learning the names and their deeper meaning we will look into how to use these names to supplicate to our Lord, using the example from the duas of the Prophet of Allah. In this way we hope to enhance our knowledge of Allah and strengthen our relationship with our Creator; this will in turn increase our faith and bring about life to our prayers and certainty to our duas.
“And to Allah belong the most beautiful names, so invoke Him by them…” (Qur’an 7:180) – See more at: http://www.alkauthar.org/
Abdur-Raheem McCarthy is an Irish-American who accepted Islam in 1994 and traveled to Sudan to study Islam. He furthered his studies by relocating to Saudi Arabia to study Quraan, Tajweed, and the Arabic language. He was then accepted into the Islamic University of Madinah and enrolled into the Arabic Institute and then graduated from the faculty of Da’wah and Usool Ad-Deen. Since graduation in 2006 he has become a renowned international speaker lecturing around the world at conferences, events and a presenter on Peace TV, Huda TV and others. He has worked in the field of Da’wah alongside several prominent Da’wah organizations and in the field of Islamic education teaching Islamic studies in Sudan and Dubai. He is currently the Imam at the Cork dawah centre and principal at Al Huda school in Cork, Ireland.
– See more at: http://www.alkauthar.org/
The 99 Names of Allah – their beautiful meanings and life changing benefits is important because,
1. The knowledge of Allah is the most important subject that can be studied and is the main
topic of the Quran.
2. The knowledge of Allah’s Names is a way of increasing in love of your Lord.
3. It will enhance your emotional connection in your worship and bring your prayers to life.
4. It will help you to appreciate Allah more and increase your faith.
5. It will give you an insight into the language Allah uses to describe Himself!
6. It will improve your character through understanding how these names impact your life
7. It will provide you with an invaluable tool in beseeching the creator in your supplications.
8. It will provide you with a solid foundation to explain who Allah is to your family and friends. – See more at: http://www.alkauthar.org/