21 Hijabi Tips for Plus Sized Muslimahs
Are you a Plus Sized Muslimah? Are you more endowed? Do you have trouble finding your way around the hijabi wardrobe when selecting the perfect ensemble? Fret not! We have some amazing tips for you!
Women have different body types, from curvy to the more endowed in the chest area. Heavier at the bottom and smaller on the top. The fact that all women are not the same means improvising and identifying the type of garments that are more hijab appropriate for you and flatter your physique.
21 Hijabi tips for the more endowed, plus sized or lil larger Muslimah:
- Avoid items that clench around the waist, like belts over dresses. They can emphasize your chest area highlighting the size of your breasts.
- Horizontal stripes are a bad idea. They do make you look larger by emphasizing the stripes. However a longer loose fit dress with horizontal stripes can be worn if teamed up with a cardi. The cardigan or even a blazer will tone down the strip emphasis of your curves
- Tights and skinny jeans emphasize the contours of your legs. Rather opt for wide leg pants, and jeans that have a looser fit on the legs.
- Frilly tops and blouses are designed to make one look more endowed in the bust area. If you are already curvy in the area, emphasizing it further makes you look frumpy. It should be avoided.
- Small clingy burkahs give the allusion of ‘fat cheeks’ and also don’t afford enough coverage for the chest area. This can also result in your head looking disproportionate to your body. If you are wearing a small burkah, team it up with a snood, or cowl. Use it as a neck coverage teamed up with a more flowy hijab. Flowy hijabs are more face flattering, especially for the summer.
- Maxi dresses are a win! There are many different styles to choose from and can be easily dressed up or dressed down to suit your style, occasion, as well as teamed up with a lightweight hoodie for the sporty look.
Make busts look smaller by wearing tops that have stitching across the bust area.
- Tops that have pleats from just above the waist offer great tummy coverage. Especially for women who are still dealing with post preggy tummy.
- Wide leg jeans are an Essential for any hijabi irrespective of size.
- Wearing the colour Black is slimming.
- Acccessorize with bold jewellery and bright handbag/shoes, these diver attention. Don’t layer too many necklaces.
- Don’t layer hijabs too much as it gets puffy and makes the face look larger.
- The Turban style scarf is not always a good option as it might make you look like a cabbage if you have a round face.
- A-line dresses are always a good idea. They have just the right amount of flow. Bear in mind that the the more fabric your dress has, the fuller your figure will seem.
- Try out drawstring dresses are designed to be flattering.
- Straight legged pants with a long cardi over. It is an excellent day at the mall, day at the park, lounging the with the family type of look. It helps to hide the curves and looks chic
- Drape your scarf to cover the chest area. Opt for longer length scarves.
- Denim shirt teamed up with dresses or floral skirts are always a WIN!
- Try skirts with tshirt, and a long sleeved open front top over.
- Kimonos are a fabulous investment, and they camouflage the rolls
- Don’t wear batwing tops with loose-fittings pants as it looks too baggy, making you look much too big. Tapered pants are a better option.
- Kurti tops are easy to wear and you can avoid layering for the summer. Avoid teaming up with alot of bling for everyday use.